Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

In honor of Easter (even though it's few days late) I'll show you the Marines Easter care package.

So first you need your box.  I highly recommend you use the USPS Flat Rate boxes.  I use them all the time, in country and out of country.  I like USPS, I know a lot of people don't but I do.  You can get FREE supplies, not only that but they can send you these FREE supplies to your front door for FREE!  Ok, yes it can take up to a week to 10 days, but if you plan accordingly you don't have to hassle with the actual Post Office until you mail the package.  Another plus with the flat rate boxes, is when you ship to APO/FPO addresses, it's $2 off the flat rate!


Then you need to gather your supplies, goodies, and box stuffers.  Whatever you want to put in is fine.  The Marine got Easter grass (Nicole and Kyle say it's the devil), an egg puzzle, a small basketball hoop w/ball, soccer eggs, an animal balloon (think the first Shrek movie,) and of course candy!  Everything except the candy I got at Dollar Tree or in the Easter aisle at Walmart, but those items were about $1 each.  I like to think cheap, something that they can give away or toss and not feel bad about it.


Here a few pictures of how I put it all together.  I basically layered the Easter grass, and all the items.  I did fill the Easter eggs with jelly beans, and I taped them shut.  I didn't want loose jelly beans. 


 


Now, tape up the box, grab and fill out your customs form and your label.  Both the custom form and the label can also be ordered and sent to your house from USPS.  You don't have to use a label, but we perfer to use them.  That way the Marine can just take off the label and reuse the box, and to keep my name and address safe.  It's a PERSEC thing, everyone should know and use it in this day and age, not just military.


The Marine did get his package, and I told him he had to open it on Easter Sunday!  He said the white chocolate rabbit melted and it now looks funny.  He's going to take a picture for me.  He also said I ruined his diet, but what's an Easter basket without all the goodies!  I think he secertly enjoyed it though.

Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail

The Dancer



No comments:

Post a Comment