Sunday, April 17, 2011

Waiting

It's been an incredibly long day.  I found out this morning about the Marines cousin.  FIL said that he was going to email him.  We have a Google Talk phone number, and I called and left him a message, basically saying to give me a call when he can.  I didn't want to tell him in a message or in an email.  I'm sure he'll know before he calls me but I know we are going to talk about his cousin.

His cousin was one year younger than him and they used to hang out and play together before S and his family moved to Oklahoma.  I have only met S once.  That was about a year and half ago.  I also met his wife and little girl at that time. 

All day I have been thinking about if I can make it to South Dakota.  I think that is where it will be because that is currently where his wife, parents, and grandparents live.   I want to be there for the Marine and his family.  This is what I hate about the military life.  Sometimes you can't make it to events because of distance, deployments, moving, or even not getting leave approved.   I'm sure I could get time off from work, but then I need to find someone to watch the furbabies.  I have one extra pet right now, and I hate to have my normal petsitter take on another pet who is already a little stressed being away from her family.  So when I know more about the services, I'll figure something out.  I also need to discuss it with the Marine, see if we can afford it. 

But I'll be there no matter what, even if it is only in spirit.

Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?
- Richard Bach


The Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment