Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Time Nears

Well the holidays have passed, since they have passed that means the deployment is near. It's almost coming too quick. I have mixed emotions. Like, I just want him to leave so we can get this started. Then I feel guilty that I want him to leave. Then on top of that I don't want him to leave yet, and then sometimes I feel like I'm not ready for him to leave. (Remember that roller coaster? Well, I'm on it and it's a wild ride right now!) I wrote on my Facebook that I was ready for my year to start. I almost feel like my year can't start until the Marine has left.

Earlier today I was thinking how I prefer the 10 day notice, because we didn't have anytime to think about it. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed having the Marine home for the holidays. But it seemed to make it harder too. When I finished wrapping his last Christmas present and put it under the tree I started to tear up. No reason really, but it just happened. I'm tired of the emotions. I guess part of the reason the holidays were hard were because we knew he was leaving shortly after. So after every holiday it got harder and my chest got heavier. I dreaded New Year's Eve. I wasn't ready for 2011, but there was nothing I could about it because it's here! Once it passed it was also a relief, knowing that we can get this deployment going soon helped with some of the stress.

I had class tonight and it was good to be back with my dancers. It helped heal my soul tonight Things don't seem so dim and sad, there is definitely a light shining on me! One of my younger dancers asked me, "Has your husband left yet, so you can be ours?" LOL, that made me feel good that they want to take care of me. I am so thankful that I have dance in my life right now. I'm also thankful for all of my dancers and their parents. I am so blessed to have them, they have been very supportive.

I am always amazed how dance can make me feel better. It's a great medicine for me. Need to feel better or have your spirits lifted? Just dance. Some food for thought and probably some good advice...

"Stifling an urge to dance is bad for your health - it rusts your spirit and your hips." ~Terri Guillemets

The Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment