Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm, Good-byes, and South Pacific

Well, the Marine has left.

Things are ok. I'm definitely doing better than I was for the first! I was surprisingly calm the last few days he was home. It was a little eerie. The best way to describe it is that it was like the calm before the storm. Hopefully, you have experienced this with weather.

The day he left sucked. There really isn't a better way to describe it. Luckily, I had a friend that came and took some pictures of us and saw him off with me. That was a nice change, to have someone who has been there be there with you. Then she and another friend invited me to one of their houses for a bit. Again a nice change. Going back to the house is the hardest. It's empty and you know it's just you for however long they are gone.

So I tried to stay out in public. I held myself together better when in public. It's easy to sit at home and cry and cry when they frist leave. But for me being out in public made me not want to cry. I had decided to attend Tangled (the new Disney Princess movie) to keep me occuppied. As I was walking out after the movie I heard someone say, "Is that Miss S?" I turned around to see a friend from my 29 Palm days. I said "Hi!" Then she said, "Did you come alone?" And with that word "alone" I started tearing up. I couldn't help it. I proceeded to apologize and then tell her that he had left that morning, so everything was very fresh. Thank God for good friends and friends in the military. She hugged me and said. "It's ok, I understand."

For the most part I have been pretty good. The day after the Marine left it snowed, and so I stayed in the house for 2 days. (So I had my mopey days then.) I don't mind driving in snow, but I don't like driving in snow in areas that arean't used to snow! Two reasons, 1) Crazy drivers, they just don't know how to drive in snow, and 2) the state/county/city aren't equipped to take care of roads in snowy conditions.

I decided to create a deployment bucket list. Basically, I wanted to plan certain things each month so I have something to look forward too. I'll discuss that more later. But I have already checked off one thing off of the list! This past weekend I saw South Pacific at the Kennedy Center. It was a wonderful and beautiful show. Not much dancing, but that is ok. The actors were wonderful and the set was beautiful. The music was great, as always. You definitely felt like you were on a tropical island, you could hear the breath of the wind, and waves crashing on the beach.

I sat by a really cute older couple at South Pacific. Everytime a love song was sung they would hold hands, giggle with each other, and coo. It was very sweet. Truely happy and in love.

So that's what I have been up too. I post shortly about the bucket list, and I have a few other things that I want to talk about.

The Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment